Why your business website should be a knowledge source
A lot of businesses pay close attention on their website to the following key sections and deservedly so
- The design
- The brand image conveyed
- The services, products and solutions offered
- The contact details
- Information about the business
So, what’s missing?
Your visitors are likely to be looking for more detailed information. They will have a number of questions which your FAQs cannot cover. Some likely questions are
- How do I benefit using your product or service?
- How can I use your product or service effectively
- What do I need to know to for this?
- Do you have any advice or tips for me?
- Where can I get a step by step guide?
- Do you have something visual which simplifies this for me?
This is the reason having a comprehensive knowledge source online is important.
What are the benefits
While it’s a great source for your potential customers, it also carries out a number of benefits
- You make it easier for your potential customers
- You reduce a step in the sales process
- You showcase your expertise
- You get more fresh content on your website which search engines love
- You get SEO Benefits in the form of more content, more internal links, more keywords to target and more backlinks to gain.
What can you put out there?
Your business generates knowledge and information. Sifting through all this information will provide you gems which make for great marketing collateral. Some examples below
- Advice, Tips and Tricks
- Case Studies
- Project portfolio
- PDFs, Whitepapers, Presentations
- Expert opinions
- And much more
The key to success online is to share valuable unique content and become the go to resource for your niche. A comprehensive knowledge base will help you become one bringing in more visitors and growing your business.
Dharne & Company, a website design firm has helped many small businesses across California and across the US build websites that succeed.